Next Gen Clubs is a growing Health, Racquets and Lifestyle business with operations in Adelaide, Sydney, Perth, Canberra and Auckland.
General Manager - Ryde
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced and inspirational General Manager to continue our business success and assume responsibility for our impressive state-of-the-art health and lifestyle club, located in the prestigious Ryde precinct.
You will be responsible for:
Driving sales, controlling expenditure, exceeding customer service benchmarks while maintaining the highest possible operational standards through various revenue streams such as Food & Beverage, Reception, Gym, Events, Tennis, Indoor and Outdoor Pools.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for providing leadership and overall direction of all operations, including:
- Evolving and directing the business strategy to enable the Club to continue with its long term growth, aligned with strong profitability and cash generation;
- Continuing to nurture strong relationships across highly valued internal and external stakeholders;
- Developing, mentoring and leading your direct reports while creating a positive, inclusive and integrated team environment;
- Developing new client relationships and key market contacts whilst ensuring business delivery excellence.
To be successful in this role:
We are keen to talk to candidates with significant General Management experience working within a branded leisure or hospitality business with a proven track record of taking the business forward financially and operationally.
- You will need to have high levels of financial acumen and be able to drive commercial revenue through bringing in new, repeat and referral business consistently throughout the year;
- Significant experience and demonstrable track record of having operated a sustainable / profitable business within a Service Sector environment;
- An understanding and empathy of the Australian Leisure Services market would be advantageous;
- A commercially astute business leader and integrated thinker, able to inspire confidence and build deep relationships of trust across a demographically diverse employee and high end client base; and
- Have the ability to balance intellect and strategic thinking with sound judgement, common sense and an innovative approach.
This is an opportunity to work with an industry leader who will challenge and drive you in your career. It’s an exciting time for Next Gen so if you think you have the passion and innovation to make a difference we encourage you to apply.
Next Gen Clubs as an employer:
Next Gen Clubs is a great place to grow your career and our culture is central in making Next Gen Clubs a fantastic place to work. Our facilities are beautiful and We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and are the key to our success. We reward and recognise initiative and performance while investing in our employees to keep them challenged and genuinely passionate about our brand.
We are internationally established with opportunities open to all our employees both in Australia and New Zealand. We want you to use and experience the club first hand, so we also offer complimentary club membership to our full time employees.
About Next Gen Clubs:
Step into any Next Gen Club and instead of finding a regular health club; you'll escape to an inner-city country club. Extensive fitness facilities are complimented by racquet facilities, aqua, social and relaxation areas to provide a welcoming and uniquely different environment to traditional health clubs that appeal to both individuals and families alike.
From its original base in Adelaide, Australia, the Group now includes one club in Sydney, two clubs in Perth, one club in Canberra and one in Auckland New Zealand.
Our family orientated clubs offer unrivalled facilities and service levels for our members with state-of-the-art exercise machines, indoor and outdoor pools and hundreds of exercise classes per week. Our racquet facilities include tennis and squash courts. Additional facilities include licensed cafés and lounges with free internet access, crèches, children’s play rooms and programs.
- Flexible hours and days are required for this role
- Proof of right to work in Australia/New Zealand documentation will be required to be presented at the first interview
- We are respectfully inviting direct applicants only
- All Next Gen employees require a working with children clearance
Next Gen Health & Lifestyle Clubs are an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively engages a rigorous recruitment process that removes personal bias and supports diversity.