Next Gen Clubs is a growing Health, Racquets and Lifestyle business with operations in Adelaide, Sydney, Perth, Canberra and Auckland.
This position will require you to organise conferences, weddings, social and corporate events by providing very accurate run sheets tailored to the requirements of the client, ensuring the seamless 5-star delivery of events.
We are looking for someone who has the experience and enjoys the challenges associated with setting up and streamlining processes in an events environment.
You will be required to be flexible with your hours as this is not a 9-5 role however this flexibility works both ways and you will be in a position to reclaim any additional hours worked accordingly.
Experience/Knowledge and Qualifications:
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating administrative tasks within the department including business correspondence, event orders and schedules, run sheets, billing and accounting details.
You will also play a pivotal role in liaising with clients and PCO’s through delivering exceptional communication and customer service.
Additionally you will possess the following skills and knowledge:
- Previous experience in event sales within the hospitality industry;
- Be proactive about securing leads for future events;
- Be well connected and actively participate in networking to secure event leads;
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills with attention to detail;
- High level of competence with all Office applications (Word, Excel etc);
- Excellent general office and administration skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills;
- Possess drive, motivation and passion with an initiative and willingness to learn;
- Well presented with a vibrant outgoing personality;
- Strong focus on team work; and
- Display a “hands on” can do attitude and lead by example.
The Successful Applicant:
As the successful candidate you will be able to provide evidence of the following:
- Efficient handling of all sales enquiries with prompt issuing of conference quotes and contracts;
- Liaising with clients in the lead up to, during and following their events;
- Conducting site inspections of the Club;
- Proactively converting enquiries into secured bookings;
- The ability to formulate and implement innovative ideas for the department;
- Prepare and distribute event orders in a timely and accurate manner;
- Processing event charges and implementing payment terms per company policies; and
- Regular meetings with internal stakeholders such as the General Manager and Food & Beverage Manager to report on KPI’s and brainstorm event ideas.
What’s on offer:
- State-of the-art club environment;
- Club Membership;
- Variety – every day will provide you with different challenges;
- Work for an organisation with a team orientated culture; and
- Fantastic growth and development opportunities.
This full time, salaried role is essentially a Monday to Friday position however, your attendance at some out of hours and weekend events (both internally and externally) will be required.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fresh, young team and work in a vibrant and positive workplace where your hard work will be recognised and rewarded.
Next Gen Clubs as an employer:
Next Gen Clubs is a great place to grow your career and our culture is central in making Next Gen Clubs a fantastic place to work. Our facilities are beautiful and We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and are the key to our success. We reward and recognise initiative and performance while investing in our employees to keep them challenged and genuinely passionate about our brand.
We are internationally established with opportunities open to all our employees both in Australia and New Zealand. We want you to use and experience the club first hand, so we also offer complimentary club membership to our full time employees.
About Next Gen Clubs:
Step into any Next Gen Club and instead of finding a regular health club; you'll escape to an inner-city country club. Extensive fitness facilities are complimented by racquet facilities, aqua, social and relaxation areas to provide a welcoming and uniquely different environment to traditional health clubs that appeal to both individuals and families alike.
From its original base in Adelaide, Australia, the Group now includes one club in Sydney, two clubs in Perth, one club in Canberra and one in Auckland New Zealand.
Our family orientated clubs offer unrivalled facilities and service levels for our members with state-of-the-art exercise machines, indoor and outdoor pools and hundreds of exercise classes per week. Our racquet facilities include tennis and squash courts. Additional facilities include licensed cafés and lounges with free internet access, crèches, children’s play rooms and programs.
- Flexible hours and days are required for this role
- Proof of right to work in Australia/New Zealand documentation will be required to be presented at the first interview
- We are inviting direct applicants only