Next Gen Clubs is a growing Health, Racquets and Lifestyle business with operations in Adelaide, Sydney, Perth, Canberra and Auckland.
About the role:
We are looking for a Head Chef who enjoys the variety of kitchen & functions management while enjoying being very hands-on. This position includes back of house, stock control and catering for events.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing kitchen operations on the day to day basis;
- Managing the Food Control Plan;
- Training and developing our team of permanent/casual chefs & kitchen hands;
- Developing new menus;
- Costing and stocktaking;
- Building and establishing new relationships with suppliers ;
- Keeping up with all new products and trends in the health food/beverage arena;
- Owning all Health & Safety standards within the kitchen environment; and
- Working alongside the F&B Manager in bringing further success to the business.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Have a passion for healthy cookery;
- Experience with rosters;
- The ability to professionally interact with customers and members;
- Completed a commercial cookery course or apprenticeship in cookery;
- Experience in all facets of café, restaurant and banquet food preparation and service;
- Previously held a head chef or sous chef position; and
- A history of successful and inclusive people management skills.
Next Gen Clubs as an employer:
Next Gen Clubs is a great place to grow your career and our culture is central in making Next Gen Clubs a fantastic place to work. Our facilities are beautiful and We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and are the key to our success. We reward and recognise initiative and performance while investing in our employees to keep them challenged and genuinely passionate about our brand.
We are internationally established with opportunities open to all our employees both in Australia and New Zealand. We want you to use and experience the club first hand, so we also offer complimentary club membership to our full time employees.
About Next Gen Clubs:
Step into any Next Gen Club and instead of finding a regular health club; you'll escape to an inner-city country club. Extensive fitness facilities are complimented by racquet facilities, aqua, social and relaxation areas to provide a welcoming and uniquely different environment to traditional health clubs that appeal to both individuals and families alike.
From its original base in Adelaide, Australia, the Group now includes one club in Sydney, two clubs in Perth, one club in Canberra and one in Auckland New Zealand.
Our family orientated clubs offer unrivalled facilities and service levels for our members with state-of-the-art exercise machines, indoor and outdoor pools and hundreds of exercise classes per week. Our racquet facilities include tennis and squash courts. Additional facilities include licensed cafés and lounges with free internet access, crèches, children’s play rooms and programs.
- Flexible hours and days are required for this role
- Proof of right to work in Australia/New Zealand documentation will be required to be presented at the first interview
- All employees of Next Gen require a working with children clearance before commencing
- We are inviting direct applicants only